Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Pro's & The Con's

I spent some quality time on wordpress today working on this. There are advantages and disadvantages.

The things I don't like:
Lack of control over the template and side bar.
On the template I like, my links are not visible (but that is not true on all the templates).
Limited template choices.
You can use Widgets to customize (if template supported), and they are limited. You cannot download other plug-ins.
No access to tweek the template.
The stat counter records only limited info.
No Haloscan

The Things I like:

The templates are super easy to use as is the dash board.
I can change the template in one second, no need to know, use or figure out any html.
My entire blog transfered over easily.
Because the links are hidden, I can keep my "hidden" friends there.
I like being able to catagorize my posts.
I have as much control over the comments as I do on Haloscan (w/o pictures).
It has spell check!
I can turn off or on the comments for specific posts if I choose.

All in all, I think I like it... I'll double post here and there for a few days and get the feel of it... I may switch.

Edit: Nailed the link problem!!! Ha!

posted by addict @ 12:01 AM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger