Saturday, November 26, 2005

The anti-tag

I outright stole this from Paul, who is too polite to tag...



Rules are as follows: Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump everyone up one place; add your blog to the #5 spot.

MamaKBear's World
Not So Silent Lucidity
Life Isn't Fair
6 Million Dollar Blog
News Gossip and Lies

Next: Select 5 new friends to piss off.

I'm not a tagger, but if you would like to do it just let me know in my comments we will all go over and check it out!


What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago I was living in Kea`uu, Hawaii, swimming in the catchment pool and wondering why the tap water tasted so funny. I was completely in awe of the beauty, the bugs and Mauna Kea`. Preparing for a Mele Kalikimaka with Santa in red fur trimmed shorts!
Our fairly newly formed Bradey Bunch consisted of two parents and children aged 15, 14, 14, 12 and 10 (depending on the month, because someone is always having a frekkin' birthday)

(edit: once upon a time, there was a 5 years ago catagory, I'm adding it back in, just to be difficult!)
Back Stateside, five years ago we had just moved from living in the middle of no where to a loft in the middle of downtown. The kids were 20, 19, 19, 17, 15. The eldest was living in Reno for a change of pace, one twin was in San Diego and the other on the east coast, building houses with Ameri-corps. We had finally decided to allow son to live, which was in question for the previous couple of years, he was actually out of jail, in school and off drugs (all were a huge accomplishments for him, he gave us a run for our money for a couple of years), youngest daughter was a social butterfly (the only reason she went to school was because lots of people were there) and bringing home every stray child and pet, wanting us to adopt them.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

The nest was finally empty after a couple of false starts from a couple of the kids... Son had just married the nicest gal and was proving he still had some brain cells left by attending college. These days, he is down right conservative. Eldest daughter is back in town and just graduated college with honors, as is one twin, who just bought her first home, all alone at the age of 24. Other twin was working for a cruise line, and living back in Hawaii. A year ago, I was still adjusting to the idea of being a grandma (thanks to the youngest daughter) and being *gasp* someone's mother-in-law. I was recovering from a huge remodel of the tattoo studio (and I'm still paying off Home Depot), getting ready for the holidays.
Pretty much the same thing I'm doing today + blogging.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Lemon Heads
2. Chocolate
3. Potato chips... just normal ones, none of that salt and vinigar crap!
4. Chocolate
5. Trail Mix

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. Don Mclean - American Pie
Many of my friends were weird and we just thought it was cool to remember that many words... later when the religious value of the song was scrutinized, we thought it was cool because it was "dark"

2. Elmo - The Elmo Song
La-la-la - Lah! Cause I'm a good grandma!

3. Jimmy Buffet - Ummm every song, but my favorites are:
Pencil thin mustache, Come Monday, Brown Eye'd Girl, Fruitcakes, Why Don't We Get Drunk, The Weather is here, We are the People Our Parents Warned us About, Delaney Talks to Statues, Growing Older but not Up, Fins and of course Cheese Burger in Paradise!
Yes, it's one because I say so!

4. Guns n Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine
I don't know why, but I always sing it at the top of my lungs
It's my ring tone for all of the kids...

5. Beatles - Penny Lane
It reminds me of when the world was a much simpler place

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
(Well a million isn't enough, let's pretend like it's says several million, OK?)
1. Set my Mom up in a sweet little pad and a few investments so she could really retire.
2. Buy a house somewhere tropical and be neighbors with Paul and Kalani.
3. Give each of my children a small trust fund.
4. Fund Grandson's college, and teach him that college is not optional.
5. Travel, travel, travel.

Five bad habits:

1. Chewing my nails, yuck!
2. Swearing like a sailor
3. Not picking up after myself
4. I forget to take my clothes out of the dryer... I think of the dryer as being extra storage space, like a rotating dresser.
5. I gave up drinking and smoking, and I'm still milking the virtue

Five things you like doing:

1. Talking
2. Shopping
3. Blogging
4. Puzzle games (what word, text twist)
5. Going places I've never been before

Five things you would never wear again:

1. A poncho... who's idea was it to bring those back???
2. Doc Martin shoes... I heart berks and dansko's
3. Used clothing, even if the kids call it "retro" and make it sound cool
4. A bikini
5. Thong panties (there, fixed it!)

Five favorite toys:

1. My Laptop
2. My cell phone (Sidekick II, it does everything)!
3. My camera
4. My Grandson
5. *blush* I can't say...

So there ya have it folks... If you are so inclined, help yourself!
.

posted by addict @ 5:12 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger