Friday, November 18, 2005

11 years ago today...

11 years ago today I was scared...
I had a poor track record with men, first because I'd always made lousey choices, second because I was never a great partner myself in the long run.
I was terrified at the idea of blending two families, I didn't want to hurt my children yet again with something temporary, and he had children as well, kids who had also been through too many relationships.
11 years ago today, I took one last leap of faith, I trusted someone to live up to their promises, to be the person that I needed, to not drastically change the day after tomorrow. I took a leap of faith in myself, that I was strong enough to keep a committment, that I was not lying when I made a promise, that I would not hurt a wonderful man and his beautiful children.
11 years ago today, I got married... for the third time.





A court house ceremony, with just our children and a couple of witnesses, we became a family. It was a few pounds and many grey hairs ago...
It had been so long now that is seems as though my life has always made this much sense...
My "old" life almost feels like a dream, a bad dream...
There are times when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this family has changed my life... with such power, that sometimes it still brings tears to my eyes...

posted by addict @ 12:38 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger