Sunday, September 25, 2005

Contemplating the Ex....


This week would have been my 25th (OMG, that's silver) wedding anniversary, had I remained married to my 1st husband. We were very young when we married (18 & 19), we were married for 6 years. The divorce was my idea, when you begin to fantisize about your husband having a fatal accident on his way home from work on a regular basis so you can gracefully get out of the marriage, you know something is drastically wrong.
He was and still is a good man. He is caring, he is loyal, he is considerate. He never hit me, he was not mean to the children, he worked hard to make ends meet, we rarely argued.
Our problem was the same as many who marry young, we were still growing up and had yet to become the adults we were intended to be. As we reached our "adulthood" it became obvious that we were completely at opposite ends of life's spectrum... we were still good people, just vastly different.
Today I was thinking about all of this and contemplating just how much my life has changed in the last 25 years. It is almost as if I've lived two or three lifetimes in that amount of time. I hit some rough years for a while, but I pulled it out and rebuilt a pretty nice little life for myself. I am very happy with who I am and with what those years have brought, even the tough years...
I began to think about my ex's life and what those 25 years have held for him. Today I realized that he has essentially remained unchanged as time has gone by. He is in more or less the same place as he was 25 years ago emotionally, spiritually and financially.

So all of this has got me wondering why...

Why do some people go through life on a relativly level playing surface?
Why are some restless and always seeking more from life than they are given?
What gives some people drive, and why are others content just where they are?

What are your thoughts on this? I'd really want to know...

posted by addict @ 6:30 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger