Monday, August 15, 2005

I woke up with the strangest tongue...

I thought the title would get your attention!

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night with the weirdest feeling tongue. It was tight and difficult to move, the worst part of it was it *felt* like I had TWO tongues in my mouth... and they were BOTH MINE!
I got up to take a peek in the bathroom mirror and was quite shocked at the reflection, one eye was a swollen slit, the other puffy but mostly open. I quickly checked all over for hives or other symptoms of an allergic reaction, but found none.
Today... no itching, no hives, I'm not broken out anywhere...
I took my first day off work in years, feeding myself benedryl, drinking water and catching up on daytime TV.
The benedryl is helping. I still have no idea what on earth brought this on. I think it's an allergy of some sort, but I've never had this kind of reaction before.
Our youngest is very VERY allergic to pennicilin/mold and had a similar reaction, but with head to toe hives as well. The first time it happened after eating sour cream from taco bell and the sour cream had molded (didn't know that till afterwards). Now if she is even near mold she has to use an epi pen.
This is nothing like that either....
I'm perplexed (and very drowsy from the benedryl)

PS... Thanks for the avatar votes... keep 'em comming!

posted by addict @ 5:48 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger