Monday, July 04, 2005

questions, questions, questions

Everyone knows the rules:
1. Leave a comment saying "interview me"
2. I will respond by asking you 5 questions.
3.You will update your blog with the questions and your answers.
4.You will include this explanation and offer to interview some else in same post.
5.When others comment asking to be interviewed you ask them 5 questions.

Questions from my wise Sister


1. What would you NOT do for TEN million dollars. Make it good!
There are a lot of things I *would* do for money... I like money. I like the stuff you can buy with it, I like the cold hard cash itself... I am greedy, superficial and just plain selfish when it comes to cash... it’s not my fault, I’m a taurus!
What I *would not do* is harm another... person, plant (well maybe a plant.... I mean comon’) or animal. This includes harming one emotionally as well as physically (on purpose, for fun or profit, tho I'm sure I've done my fair share accidently). Even for money, I could not bring myself to hurt another with feelings, or potential.... I would literally starve if I had to hunt to eat (I’m not vegetarian, but I can only eat meat from the store... not if it comes from animals
*really, it’s a mind trick so I can cope with hamburgers*.
Oh and for 10 mil I would bungee jump, but not for a dime less!
Pretty much anything else is fair game.

2. Have you ever read a book or seen a movie that changed your life or the way you live/believe? If so...of course, what is it so the rest of us can read it!!?
The first is always the most profound, regardless of the context. The first life changing book I read is still one of my favorites and I re-read it often. I keep an extra copy to pass on if the mood strikes. The book was my first inkling that there was a world out there that I could not see or touch, that there is magic in the universe and that everything happens for a reason, and generally it's of our own creation. I realized then that I had power and control over my own life. I still continued to be a fuck up for several years, but I always knew that one day I would pull it out and be OK in the end... and that I would be glad for the experience. It is a simple book and a quick read, but after reading it for the first time, it was like a veil was removed from over my eyes... I could see things more clearly and put past events into proper context.
The book is: Illusions, The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. By Richard Bach. I read it for the first time in 1987
Adult Children of Alcoholics (I don’t know the author) was another... it was the first time that I really knew that I was not alone and that I was not crazy (by medical standards anyway).

3. If there was one thing you could change in your WHOLE life, what would it be? I know that's pretty lame, as a question, but I honestly want to know.
There really isn’t anything I would change... everything happens for a reason, and changing one little thing would rob me of the larger things I have learned along the way... I just wish I’d caught on a bit faster, learned lessons a bit quicker and not repeated so damn many mistakes once I knew better. As a teen I remember Mom telling me that I could learn from the mistakes of others, I didn’t have to make *all* of the mistakes myself. It took me 15 more years to learn that she was right.

4. What is your biggest regret?
I sincerely wish I’d been a better parent while my children were younger... I wanted them to have this perfect white picket fence childhood, unfortunatly, I didn’t know how to give them one at the time. Once I figured ‘me’ out... I’ve worked really hard to make up to them what they missed when they were younger. On the upside though, I have some pretty amazing kids!

5. What would you be doing right now if you had never met William?
That could go a couple of ways...
When I met William, I was fiercely independent and newly sober. Luckily I have not had to compromise too much with the independence, he had a firm grasp on the difference between him being and individual and me being an individual and gracefully accepts me as a unique person, that there is a difference between "I", "You" and "we" (if that makes sense).
I had given up on the fairy tale of a knight in shining armor to rescue me and had begun to plan for the future for me and the kids... I was investing to buy a home, I had a good job and a retirement plan, I wanted a porch with a swing and lots and lots of cats! I was working hard on discovering and improving life for me and the kids as a unit. Ideally, that would plan would have continued.
The flip side is that I would be a party animal bar slut...
It really could have gone either way if I had not met William.
He keeps me grounded and sane and often reminds me of what is important in life.

Leave it to you Meg, to make me exercise some brain muscles!
Thank you, this was so much fun!

posted by addict @ 5:07 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger