Saturday, June 18, 2005

Interview II

Interview with Aunt DC


1. Leave a comment saying "interview me"
2. I will respond by asking you 5 questions.
3.You will update your blog with the questions and your answers.
4.You will include this explanation and offer to interview some else in same post.
5.When others comment asking to be interviewed you ask them 5 questions.




1. Describe your favorite sunset.

Oranges and yellows fading into a deep red haze, half peeking over the top of a deep emerald green ocean, the color is so deep that it is not quite black at the farthest edges. The back drop is a sky of medium blue to the west and midnight blue to the east, with a light sprinkling of the few stars that can be seen at twilight. The silhouette of a sail boat is on the distant horizon, yet it looks close enough to reach out and touch. Gulls circle lazily above the still warm white sand beach that my bare toes are dug deeply into.
Maui Hawaii~2004

2. What was the last movie you saw that made you cry?
Most movies make me cry, even comedies, some TV shows make me cry and so does that old AT&T commercial with the black couple, their daughter calls for no reason, the parents are worried... but she’s calling to say she loves them.
The last movie however was 50 First Dates. I’m a sucker for love stories.

3. Do you believe in reincarnation and why?
Of course... doesn’t everyone who’s been around for a few lifetimes?
Not in an “I’m coming back as a spotted frog” kind of way... but in a progression of life beyond this life kind of way, for the sake of learning and growth.
There are several reasons: There are those, we’ve all met, who are much wiser than their years and experience. There are those we meet and instantly bond with, like we've known them forever... or those who instantly set us on guard. I think this is from previous experience with them. Because my children were early talkers (imagine that) and often spoke about “when they were grown ups before" and told tales of their lives (they out grew that around 3yrs). Because every life seems to have a theme.. something to conquer, I don’t think life is about only a single lesson. Because I believe in God, a God who is not limited, who is pure love and who provides opportunities for us to achieve what we feel we need to achieve, no matter how long that takes. I’ve was once close to someone who had had a near death experience and heard their story. A close call of my own brought about a perfect peace... not the panic you would expect.
Because this is just kindergarten.
Because I’ve always known this to be true for me in my own heart.

4. When was your last giggle fest with girl friends?

I'm not much of a girl friend kind of gal... but my last giggle fest was a few months ago.
That was with the girls (daughters)...the comment “what ever floats your boat” came up...Audra tried to say it back, but it came out “what ever floats your goat”. That lead to giggling about when we first met (mine and Wm’s families), he had a farm and a goat named Queenie... she loved torturing Audra and when ever we went over there, the goat would come running, and butt Audra in the butt, Queenie took any shot she could take, but only with Audra. Audra was scared to death of that goat and often hid in the rafters of the barn. A creek ran along the back of the property and “what ever floats your goat” became a hysterical vision of Queenie bobbing in the creek.
Honestly, the girls are my best friends.

5. If you had to evacuate your home and could only take one item, non-living, what item would that be?
I have a box, a small cedar one I received when I graduated from High School. In that box are all of the e-mails William sent to me while we were “dating”, including the one he proposed in (yes... every little girls dream), a ring Isaiah gave me when he was 7. It is one of those 25 cent ones with the over-lap back and a green stone. He made me close my eyes and splay my fingers, and he put the ring on my finger. Then he said “I don’t think the diamond is real, but the gold is” I asked how he knew and he declaired he’d bit it, so he was certain. He was so proud that he'd given his Mom this beautiful treasure. I would not trade that ring for the largest diamond. There are a few pictures in there, obituaries of close friends and family, a medicine bag I received as a gift for being the officiary at their family members funeral, they could not get anyone else to do it as the death was from a suicide, committed just after he’d killed his wife, I felt obligated even though I’d never done anything like that before, just because they didn’t have anyone else, and everyone deserves a decent burial. A rock I picked up in a parking lot on a pilgrimage to Spokane.

Thanks Aunt D... very thought provoking and I loved doing this!

posted by addict @ 2:01 AM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger