Thursday, June 09, 2005

Half-Nekkid Thursday



I am not a fan of tattoos that contain names... Because ya never know, no matter how much you think you know.
But this tattoo is different.
The tattoo of a heart with wings lies over my heart, in the heart is my husbands name.
When I met William, I was just getting my poop in a group, I had recently quit drinking, was working hard on my relationship with my kids and the last thing I needed was a full time man. I really had no interest in remarrying EVER.
Then I met William. We worked together for sometime before we began to "date" (or what ever you call it, we didn't go out). I respected him more than anyone I'd met in a very long time. I was pretty new in the respect game. When we were dating, we kept it on the QT because we worked together in a very small department. I feared that when things went south it would suck at work, especially if everyone knew. We both had our respective children to look out for as well, neither of us wanted to drag our kids through yet another crappy relationship. So we hid out together when we could and it was business as usual the rest of the time.
The cat was out of the bag however when he asked if I would go to Hawaii with him, we needed to take vacation time together away from work, now everyone knew. If you want to impress a gal, a gal that had never been anywhere in her life... Try a trip to somewhere exotic... We had a wonderful time, we were out in the open, people knew we were "together", a scary thing for both of us. The highlight of the trip (well, the highlight I'll talk about here) was receiving my very first tattoo... I wanted something so I could remember this trip forever (It hadn't dawned on me yet that I might get to keep the guy too).
Fast Forward to our 10th wedding anniversary....
He still sweeps me off my feet, my gift was a trip to that same island in Hawaii, which of course included a trip back to the tattoo studio that started my life as a tattooed person, and perhaps as a person who was open to being vulnerable again. The week was amazing, I was spoiled beyond my wildest dreams and in that tattoo studio, many years later, I made a commitment to carry William over my heart for the rest of my life, no matter what the future holds.

posted by addict @ 12:34 AM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger