Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Half Nekkid Thursday!


This is my first "Half-Nekkid Thursday" post.

I know it's just a hand, but
This is the hand that rocked my children and nurtured them,
This is the hand that, yes, on occasion, spanked them,
This is the hand that held my grandson in his first minute of life,
This is the hand that I earn my living with,
This is the hand that gently strokes my husband's face as he sleeps, in the early morning hours,
This is the hand that was nearly my distruction in my youthful days,
This is the hand that reached for that boot strap, to pull myself back up again,
This is the hand that has wiped away millions of tears of loss, grief, misery, joy, love,
pride, anger, fear, excitement and shades of emotion in between,
This is the hand that is nearest my heart,
This is the hand that I offer on my first Half-Nekkid Thursday,
This is the hand that I offer you...

(yes, that's really a tattoo... yes, it really hurt!)

posted by addict @ 6:05 PM |

  • Design by Beccary

  • Blogger